On Saturday May 5, Athletics SA clubs will race in honour of Toby Schreier at the Running SA Twilight Cross Country.
Clubs will challenge for the Toby Schreier Cup proudly donated by the Flinders Athletic Club.
It's set to be a big night of cross country action under lights at Flinders Uni incorporating Little Athletics races throughout the night and a Dash for cash in the 4km. The event is the first of eight events within the Athletics SA Winter Premiership Series which includes a mix of Cross Country, Road and Relays.
Point Scoring for the Toby Schreier Cup:
- ASA Registered participants will earn points for their club based on their ranking in their age/gender category.
- Participants may run in the 2k or 4k event and will be ranking based on a point scoring table adopted from IAAF point scoring system.
- Points will be allocated down to 5th ranked, with 1st claiming 5pts, 2nd 4pts, 3rd 3pts, 4th 2pts and 5th 1pt
- At the conclusion of the event, all individual points per age will be tallied up for each club and a winner will be determined.
Events start from 6PM. To view the schedule: www.runningsa.com.au/TwilightXC
Since starting the Flinders Athletics Club in 1979, Toby shaped and contributed to the lives of so many people. Toby sadly passed away in 2014 after a battle with Motor Neurone Disease.
The 4k event also features a 'dash for cash' thanks to Flinders Athletics Club.
The twilight dash will reward the female and male winner of each lap of the 4km twilight course. The winner/s of the first 3 laps will receive a $100 prize and the winner/s of the last lap will receive $200.
You must complete the 4km course within 24 mins (male) and 28 mins (female) to be eligible for any prize money.
The twilight dash finish line will be just before the finish line for the first 3 laps and will be on the race finish line for the last lap. All positions will be judged by an Athletics SA official.
All entrants in the 4km race will be automatically entered in the Twilight Dash.
- 6.00pm - 1km (SALAA U9/10 Boys and Girls)
- 6.15pm - 1.5km (SALAA U11/12 Boys and Girls)
- 6.30pm - 500m (SALAA U6/7/8 Boys and Girls)
- 6.45pm - 50m (SALAA Tiny Tots Dash)
- 6.50pm - 1km (Come ‘n’ Try)
- 7.00pm - 2km Men & Women (U13/U14 SALAA)
- 7.15pm - 4km Men & Women (incorporating Flinders AC Twilight Dash)
- 7.45pm – 2km (U/15, U/16, U/17, Boys & Girls and Rec Aths)
- 7.50pm – Toby Schreier Cup and Twilight Dash presentation
#clubVclub #TwilightXC #RunningSA #TobySchreierCup